You can start helping the environment in your very own home. Kickstart your sustainability habits with these quick eco-tips.
Using your bathroom recycling bin to is a great sustainable start, but try these other tips to kick start recycling in the bathroom and beyond.
• Be sure to shut off the water while brushing your teeth, and use a cup of warm water to rinse off your razor when shaving instead of running the shower.
• Shorten your shower: cutting just two minutes can save more than 1,600 gallons a year.
• Shop smart by buying recyclable plastic products (types 1, 2 and 5) like Dove shampoo and conditioner and St. Ives® body lotions that come in rigid containers.
• In addition to recycling your empty and rinsed out TRESemmé® Deep Cleansing shampoo or Suave Professionals® body wash bottles, try upcycling them into a handy caddy.
• Stash a reusable tote bag in your car and office so you can grab it when you shop and help cut down on the 100 billion plastic bags used every year.
• Support brands that care about the environment like Q-tips® cotton swabs, which sources paper for its sticks and packaging from sustainable forests.
• Today’s electronics use materials that often must be mined, so if you recycle your old laptops or cellphones saves energy as well as resources.
Recycling pays off-especially if you share your efforts. Tweet photos of your bathroom recycling to @UnileverUSA with the hashtag #ReimagineThat and #sweeps and you could win prizes. Official rules are here.
If you’re looking for more ways to kick-start your sustainability habits check out Keep America Beautiful—the nation’s leading recycling non-profit and our proud partner. But above all, think about recycling by asking yourself, “can I #ReimagineThat?” Small acts of good add up to make a big difference for our climate and environment.